Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Crayon Valentines

I recently came across instructions on how to make crayons and decided to try it.
I bought a small heart shaped pan from IKEA but couldn't find it so I got this one at Target. Consequently I had to use more crayons because the hearts are larger but it all worked out. Here's the basic instructions:
What you'll need:
shaped pan of your choice, crayons (I used my kids old broken ones), knife or Exacto.

First, take of crayon labels off with a knife by making a slit down the side of the crayon. Next, break or cut up the crayons in smaller 1/2" pieces, place them in the pan and fill to the top. Bake in the oven at 250 for 10-15 minutes. Cool until set.

Easy Peasy Factor: 2/10

Finally, I finished them off my using the Stampin Up! stamp set called Sweet Centers. I never use this set but finally thought, Hey, that might work...and it did. I think they're super cute and Dawson loves them. We made 24 for his preschool class.






No comments:

Post a Comment