Monday, May 7, 2012

Pepperoni Bread

There's a few ways to make pepperoni bread but this is how I was raised to make it by my Italian grandmother and so I think this is how it shall stay. Some people roll the bread so it makes this cute little spiral - I say boooo. I like all the goodness in the middle and all the bread surrounding it. Below you'll find the instructions on how to make the deliciousness and here's what you need:
1 loaf frozen bread dough (set out to rise according to package instructions)
1/2 lb of mozzarella cheese
1/2 lb sliced pepperoni
2 T. olive oil
1 egg white
dash or two garlic powder
1 T. melted butter
salt


preheat oven to 400 degrees. drizzle a little olive oil on the pan then pull dough gently length wise, corner to corner then begin spreading equally to the sides.

place 2-3 handfuls of cheese and cover with pepperoni

begin to seal by bringing one edge of the dough over the top, pulling slightly
then bring the other side to the top and pinch/seal together



 On each end of the bread pull the dough out slightly then fold down to seal the edges.

Turn the entire loaf over so the sealed side faces down.
Blend egg white, dash of garlic powder, 1 T melted butter and large pinch of salt in bowl. Using a pastry brush, brush mixture on top of prepared bread. Pop it in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

 Always tastes best when served warm. A family favorite.



1 comment:

  1. This looks so good, I have never made it, I think it's time I did!! Lori

    ReplyDelete