Saturday, June 2, 2012

Summer Picnic Series: Marshmallow Candy Popcorn Balls


I think picnic treats should be easy to eat and carry. With kids running and playing at a picnic I thought popcorn balls would be a fun idea. I made a fresh version of a popcorn ball that I love. I used marshmallows instead of corn syrup which was a big hit with everyone. I even added pretzel pieces and M&Ms and satisfy every chocolate tooth.

Ingredients
1 bag microwave popcorn
6 tablespoons butter
5 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup sprinkles
1/2 M&M candies
1/2 chopped pretzel sticks
           
  
Directions


  1. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Set aside.

  2. Pop popcorn as instructed then empty into a large bowl.

  3. Melt butter In a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir in marshmallows and cook until melted, stirring constantly. Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn and mix with spoon to coat evenly.               

  4. Let mixture cool slightly and toss to coat with a spatula then add pretzels, M&M and sprinkles and toss completely. Smear cooking spray on your hands begin forming into 8 balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment