Friday, May 25, 2012

Take a Trip on a Train - Travel games


Here's a few travel games and activities I came up with for our train adventure.

Alphabet I Spy
The kids loved this because it gave them a chance to shout out answers and look closely at their surroundings. On our train ride we passed, farms, the ocean and campsites, all gave us a ton of objects to help fill out list.

How to play: Assign a person to make a list from A-Z and write down answers given. As a group look for objects along your journey that begin with each letter of the alphabet. If you want to go it alone have each person make their own list. Share your answers at the end.

Anchor
Branch, bird, boat, beach, bunny
Cow, camp ground, cave
Deer, dock
Electric power lines
Fence, flowers
Grass, gate
Hill, hole
Inlet
Jeans
Kelp
Lighthouse, leaves
Mountains
Net
Ocean
Palm tree, picnic table, power plant
Quilt
Rock
Sand, seaweed, shore, seagull
Train, tree
Underwear
"Volume", "volts"
Wave, wood
X on a train crossing sign
Yard
Zipper

Take Photos!
The kids brought their cameras on board and throughout the train ride they took photos of what they saw along the way.





Scavenger Hunt - Train Style

I made up this little game to play while on the train to keep the kids interested. I had 5 simple questions that they had to search the train to come up with the correct answers. My kids are 4 and 6 so these are easy but you can make the questions harder to suit your kids. This gave us chance to explore the train and stretch our legs.
1. Show me the place where we can buy a donut and a drink
2. Find a train Conductor
3. Locate a fire extinguisher
4. Show me the place where we wash our hands
5. Show me where I can store my bike.

Whether you travel by car, train, bus or plane... enjoy your trip and have safe travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment