Friday, June 8, 2012

Best Friend Day

Hi!
Today is Best Friend Day, a time to enjoy and appreciate your best friend. It's a day to honor and cherish the relationship.

I've made some great friends over the years. Some have come and gone but my BEST friends have been there with me and never left my side no matter what comes their way or mine. And whenever we get together we pick up right where we left off. It's amazing and I cherish their friendships.

Friendships are like marriages though, you have to work at it and let them know how much they mean to you. I've always felt that I'm a better friend than more are to me but I'm sensitive and get my feelings hurt easily. That's something I always work on and I see it as a major flaw but that just me and part of my low emotional intelligence or EQ.

Some people save best friends for someone that is the same sex but for me I'm including my husband. After all, they say you should marry your best friend and I did marry mine.

So today try celebrating by:
  • Picking up the phone and saying Hi
  • make a lunch date
  • send a small gift or a homemade card.
  • send your friend an OLD photo of the two of you
Best friend day always falls on June 8 so mark it on your calendar and keep your special friend in mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment